phase 4: design concept presentation and approval
One of the typical questions or request that clients have is for multiple options for the design presentation.
I, personally do not believe that multiple options for the design presentation are an effective and efficient use of the our client's time and financial investment.
When we get to the presentation stage, I am 100% committed to what I am presenting, and I am confident it is the best solution to for you and your home.
By the time we are at Phase 4: Design Concept Presentation and Approval, we will have had several meeting with you where we will be presenting a design direction based on our previous meetings that you have been approving along the way.
However, sometimes a situation warrants offering a choice. It’s usually for the benefit of the client and to make them a participant in the process. (I always ensure that I would be happy with either option, by the way.)
We present everything at once
Whether we are designing a single room or an entire home, we present everything at once.
It is important for our clients to visually see and understand how every element comes together to achieve a cohesive design that meets their needs and is aesthetically pleasing.
We believe the sum of the whole is greater than anyone of it's parts.
how we handle changes
85% - 90% of the time, our client's approve the Design Concept Presentation. Sometimes, they might ask us to make minor changes or reselections.
For example, they may love the sofa, but they aren't excited about the fabric.
If a client says "I don’t like this." We start asking questions to zero in on what it is that does not please them.
We have to try and get the clients to provide us with feedback, listen to why they don't like it, and identify what would please them. We will gladly make your requested changes in a timely and efficient manner.
These can be tough situations for the client and the designer, but this is why you have hired a professional interior designer to expertly guide you through the process.
When client's request multiple options for the design presentation, my response is: Let's discuss this and see if this is still an option that is best for you.
YOU HAVE HIRED A PROFESSIONAL INTERIOR DESIGNER
- When you enlist the interior design services of AARON B DUKE, you can be sure and confident that you have hired a professional interior designer.
- We have your best interest in mind considering your aesthetics, style, taste, budget, timeline, and a multitude of reasons that are specific to your particular project.
- As a professional interior designer, you have hired us for our opinions, knowledge, and expertise of products and options that are the best for you.
- For those reasons, we will only need to present you one option in the design presentation - the best!
EFFICIENT: SAVING YOU TIME AND MONEY
- As a professional interior design studio, we are knowledgeable of the resources available to us that meet the qualifications and expectations of your project.
- We always start with space planning and working through solutions to identify the best option for you.
- Next, we make a plan before we ever begin researching and sourcing. We create a shopping list - if you will - of what items we are identifying, and where the best options for us to find these options. This allows us to quickly and efficient proceed in selecting the best options for you.
- Then, we have the ability to walk into a showroom, scan quickly, identify potential items, request samples, pricing, and ask any questions - so we are well-informed in our selection process. We are laser focused on your project.
- Finally, once we have completed our list, we now narrow down the options for the Design Concept Presentation and Approval.
- You can be assured that AARON B DUKE is presenting you with the best option for you and your home.
WHY MORE ISN'T ALWAY BETTER
For those clients that are adamant about us presenting them with multiple design options for the Design Concept and Approval, I have found that more isn't always better.
- Clients are often overwhelmed with the amount of choices they have.
- Clients find it difficult to make a decision on which option they like best; especially, if there are multiple decision makers involved.
- Clients like to mix and match taking elements from all of the design options, which diminishes the design. Realize, the professional interior designer has made decisions of why those are the best choices for you and your home.
- Clients use this as their way of being in control and micromanaging the design process; instead, let the professional interior designer you have hired expertly guide you to the best solution for you.
- Clients are not sure what it is they really want, and they are unsure of themselves.
YOU STILL WANT MULTIPLE OPTIONS
One percent of our clients still want to see multiple options. Usually, they request three. We are more than happy to accomodate this request; but remember, it will cost you three times as much.
Usually, by this time, the client understands why hiring a professional interior designer that is going to present them with one option is the best choice.